Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Growing Up & Getting Observant

For the first time ever Jack expressed interest in clothing. We were in Fred Meyer (like a Target for you all in CA) and Jack came up to me with a pair of pants and asked me if he could get them. The price was right, $5.70 so now he is the proud owner of "camo pants." According to Jack the other boys at school have them too. I have mixed feelings because he is getting interested in what other kids are doing, but I also want him to resist conforming. Marty has camo jammies though, so maybe that is the big draw? Jack talks a lot about what Daddy does.



Here is an example: Jack was eating yogurt today he was holding the yogurt with one hand and using the spoon with the other. He said, "I am eating my yogurt like Daddy, he always holds the yogurt." Then he said, "I can also walk around and brush my teeth, like Daddy." Marty does do these things. He can't seem to stay in the bathroom with his tooth brush and he eats lots of yogurt and never places the carton on the table, he holds it, like Jack pointed out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so funny! jack is becoming more independant! he looks so big! i just bought fox camo pants on clearance for $2.50! p.s. matt can't stay in the bathroom while "sonic caring" either!

Kirk and Abbey said...

Jack looks so cool in his camos!

Hey, I think we have the same chair -- love those washable covers!