Wednesday, October 01, 2008

How is Jack Doing?

Almost everyone we talk to wants to know, "How is Jack doing?" Except for having a bad cold and giving it to everyone in the house (even little Bryce), he is doing really well and seems to enjoy being a big brother.





No matter what Bryce is doing, sleeping, crying, yawning, or lounging, if he raises his arms even slightly, Jack exclaims, "Mommy he waved at me." The other day after Bryce's bath he was resting and flapped his arms and Jack was so excited, "Brycie is waving at me Mamma."



Later that evening Bryce was in Jack's room and I went to the kitchen for a moment to get a glass of water. Jack came running to me and said, "Mommy I gave Bryce a toy to play with." I was thinking, "Oh no, I should not have left them alone" and I ran in to Jack's room, only to find Bryce with Jack's favorite car, and a foam block in his lap. Funny enough, Bryce was holding on to the car!



At night we have a bed-time routine with Jack that includes reading books and saying prayers. Jack always wants Bryce to read with him. On nights Bryce can't read (because he is eating, sleeping or crying) we say prayers and Jack always remembers to include his brother Bryce (even when Mommy & Daddy forget)!

2 comments:

Ann said...

What a fantastic big brother!

How's Mom doing?

~april said...

aaawwwww! jack is so nice!!!